Saturday, June 18, 2011

Diary - Thailand Side Diary



In Chiang Mai, I felt the loneness I never felt before. This feeling was again felt when I was on my way to Phi-Phi. This journey makes my understand how much important my family and friend to me and I really appreciates their presence around me. 

For the journey, I become more and more appreciates and values my family members and friend. And I must understand that the more I appreciate them the more I expect from them and this more will course me even easier to hurt or being hurt by them. While, I still believe that the true friend is not the one shown in front of you but is the one who stand behind you. And family will also be there for you no matter what. Along the journey, I keep thinking how wonderful God is by given all sorts of colour and people around me and all the earth. 

This is indeed the greatest gift for me to have this chance to make my dream come true.  With this loneliness I found more colours in my life. Now I understand why some people said that by going a tour or trip by yourself, you can learn more about yourself that you don't even know you knew it at all at the first place.


In Kanachaburi, I have this question in mind, why western likes to backpack? Along the journey, I saw only western, no matter English, American, Spain, France etc and where is all the Asian? I managed to see some Korean and Japanese in Bangkok and Phuket and that is. I realized that Asian like Malaysian, Singaporean, Taiwanese etc likes to join a tour guide or tour company rather than backpacking by themselves. I know that most of my friend will take such tour company and not self tour or backpacking. 

I understand one person cannot represent the whole group of people. The Asian, not all but majority likes to engaged tour company because in their mind, travelling is meant for relax and worry-free. So if you ask this majority Asian to do self tour or backpack, they will not do it because its time consuming, a lot of planning (not that they don't have enough planning in their work), many arrangement to be fixed before the actual journey start and many more to be settle. 

So the easier way is to engage a tour company, and no harm of course and I do agreed with this majority of people. But I think the weirdo is only people like me that like to burden our self with all the preparation just to enjoy our trip differently. What I called to enjoy not the trip but the preparation for the trip as well.

In boarder of Malaysia, what will be my next trip beside of self tour to Taiwan? My next backpack journey would be when? There are few places that I wanted to go for at least for within these 3 years until 2014 or 2015. First is Phimai, located in east north of Thailand, a city older than Angkor Wat. 

Backpack journey would be south-east Asia of Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I hope can organize a trip to Korea on 2012 as promised with my friend when I was in my last in my law degree. Of course some local destinations like Lang Tengah Island and Sabah.  Also, trip to Macau-Hong Kong, maybe a 6 days tour to these two special region states of China. 

Well, to make all this come true, I need to earn more income and need a fit physical body to do all this tasks. Pray to God and may all this come true in future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment