Day 3 – 25th June 2010
My friend, Ping is taking a flight from Malaysia and joining me for the rest of my backpacking journey to Bangkok. Upon arrival, both of us start touring the old town of Chiang Mai, the temples or wats. I think we have visited almost 80% of all temples in Chiang Mai city. Before the touring ends, I have my favorite fruit juice, dragon fruit juice for only 20baht or RM2, so cheap.
We take local bus to Sukhothai which the journey take around 6 hours to reach and though it will be very tiring but I think it is worthy. We arrived Sukhothai around 700pm and the guesthouse that I have booked early has forgot about our reservation. This Baan Thai Guesthouse will be in my ban-list forever. Luckily there are few options around. We head to this TR Guesthouse run by Chinese thais family and the room was not bad at all, better that that Baan Thai.
We have a very funny dinner today. The stall owner can not understand English nor chinses only thais. We can not speak thais and it was like a chicken talking with a duck (Chinese phrase). We managed to order soup mee and soup noodle. I really need to improve my thais if planning to come to rural area in future.
No comments:
Post a Comment