Saturday, June 18, 2011

Diary - Thailand Day 2

Day 2 – 24th June 2010
What a great day as I woke up naturally without the alarm like ordinary working days… but I starting to be a bit lazy to write everything in my diary. After late breakfast, I started my journey by taking local bus and go to Phrae and Lampang and maybe Lamphun. Phrae is 4 hours journey from Chiang Mai and Lampang and Lamphun is 2 hours away from Chiang Mai. 

Nothing much in both places, Phrae has few old temples that influenced by the Myanmar or Bugmis instead of Thais. Lampang was a city –liked-town and the only attraction mainly the local super market, store etc. I was a bit disappointed with today’s journey. Because I started the day late, now it is almost 500pm and I have to take last bus back to Chiang Mai.

Just 10 minutes walk from the bus station is the Chinese night market or China town of Chiang Mai. It was a night market and I settled my dinner here as well. But Chinese here, especially the younger one did not learn Chinese language. The grows up in Thailand also did not communicate in chinese nor the dialect of their clan. On my way back to guesthouse, I saw this McDonald and I just can not stop thinking about the pork burger. And so I brought one for supper.  Before going back to my room, I have little chat with the owner, Olaf and his wife Fong about Chiang Mai and my trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment